Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code WCE-RECSP in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:
Workforce & Continuing Education Records Specialist Announce date:
08/02/2023Apply by date:
Currently InterviewingPosition type:
$14.821 per hour Working Hours:
Maximum of 25 working hours per week. The working schedule for this position requires flexibility including possible evening and occasional Saturday hours depending upon the number/time of courses offered during a given session. Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment. Summary:
Provides a wide variety of administrative, clerical and records support functions for programs in the Workforce & Continuing Education Department. The employee may be assigned to perform similar duties & responsibilities in other departments based on the needs of the College and with the direction of their immediate supervisor.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to students as a point of contact in the Workforce & Continuing Education department to ensure that the students feel welcomed and able to ask questions. Perform data entry utilizing the Colleague software system and serve as contract for attendance reporting to companies and Career Link funded training participants.
- Complete documentation for new courses and sections which includes syllabi, course/section and billing input sheets.
- Complete registration forms and all necessary documentation for new students and update existing registrations as students enroll in future classes.
- Provide customer service and assists as contact point for business and industry partners.
- Provide administrative support for staff and adjunct instructors; prepare instructor and trainer contracts, gather and prepare course paperwork (instructor/trainer handouts, attendance forms, evaluation forms, etc.).
- Update student progress from registration through completion and take necessary actions (advise instructors of new students, enter grades, prepare certificates of completions).
- Prepare and proofread materials using Microsoft Office suite of applications and other software.
- Collect and compile information; creates and maintains reports to include department and Career Link.
- Provide secretarial support including, but not limited to, copying, preparing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes, maintaining files, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, reserving facilities, and recording/transcribing/distributing minutes of meetings as required.
- Enter, edit and retrieve data using the College’s ERP system, e.g., creates sections of classes, retrieves student information, and other Ellucian Colleague tasks.
- Use Amatrol’s Learning Management System to maintain user accounts, open classes and retrieve grades.
- Assist in organizing special events as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree or 2 years college in Business/Accounting or Science/Mathematics field, plus minimum 2 years Business, Industry, or Community College Workforce administrative experience during the past 5 years required; OR a High School Diploma/equivalent and minimum 4 years of Business, Industry, or Community College Workforce administrative experience during the past 5 years required. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.Communication Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the College.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate averages, percentages and sums. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual: must be proficient with word processing software, spreadsheet software and standard office equipment. Experience with student or client tracking programs and ability to learn manufacturing technology software and LMS.Other Skills and Abilities:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Knowledge of or work experience in business and industry training and general operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to complete tasks with routine supervision
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Above average people skills
- Excellent reasoning abilities
- Good analytical abilities
- Good proofreading
- Able to identify patterns
- Logical thinking
- Organizational ability (files, procedures)
- Willing to ask questions
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take information from disparate sources and combine
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.