: Part-time FacultySubscribe:
: Academic Affairs - Liberal ArtsLocations:
: Lowell, MAPosted:
: Apr 19, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Middlesex Community College:
Middlesex Community College (MCC), established in 1970, provides access to affordable education for a diverse community from all ethnic backgrounds and identities, preparing individuals for success and lifelong learning. We promote academic excellence, provide workforce development opportunities, and empower all learners to become productive and socially responsible members of our local and global communities.
The College provides a broad range of services that are essential to attract, reward, and retain talented faculty and staff. The MCC community promotes a culture of inclusion in which our employees feel supported and empowered to best serve our diverse student population. We are proud to offer our classes on both the Bedford and Lowell campuses, as well as a robust online course offering. MCC is committed to transforming lives as we educate, challenge, and support all students as evident in our strategic plan.
As an Affirmative Action employer, MCC strongly encourages members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence to apply.
Title: Adjunct Instructor, Psychology
Unit: DCE adjunct faculty
Department: Liberal Arts Division, Psychology Department
Reports to: Department Chairperson for Psychology Department
Date: April 19, 2023
General Summary: The adjunct psychology instructor is a creative, knowledgeable, and flexible individual who is responsible for teaching Psychology courses on the Bedford and Lowell campuses. The faculty is committed to inclusive excellence, diversity, and continuous professional improvement.
- Teach one or more sections in psychology
- Develop and use student-centered pedagogies that promote success for all students and lead to equitable course outcomes
- Develop and use meaningful assessment strategies
- Develop and apply instructional methods that engage students of varying learning styles and abilities
- Develop and apply technology in and out of the classroom
- Use Blackboard Learning Management System to post syllabi, assignments, and grades
- Fulfill terms of the faculty contract as set out in the Agreement between the Board of Higher Education and the Massachusetts Community College Council/Massachusetts Teachers Association
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Psychology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in a variety of areas of Psychology (e.g. Introduction to Psychology, Brain and Behavior, Research Methods, Child Psychology, Social Psychology, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the role of the community college.
- Experience with a variety of instructional methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with faculty from different disciplines.
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement.
- Experience with equity-minded work and/or understanding of individuals of diverse identities such as race, ethnicity, socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, veterans, and individuals with different academic preparation levels and varying physical and learning abilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the role of the community college in higher education.
- PhD in Psychology
- Specific knowledge base in biological psychology or developmental psychology.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative instructional approaches such as the effective use of technology including online courses and civic/service-learning.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a variety of assessment strategies.
- Bilingual skills a plus
Salary Range: DCE Adjunct Faculty are paid in accordance with the DCE Step Levels provided in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Location: Lowell and Bedford campuses as needed
Expected Start Date: September 5, 2023
Application Deadline: Until Filled
All applicants must apply online by submitting:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Middlesex Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process. Please review the College's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy for Employees for more information.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request.
Middlesex Community College only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you do not have access to a computer, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Middlesex Community College strives to make the application and interview process accessible for all applicants but understands that applicants may still encounter barriers due to ability, language, or technology. If we can make the process any more accessible for you, contact Human Resources at 781-280-3549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.