Adjunct Math Instructor - Grand Haven Tracking Code540-262Job Description
Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides a person the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs. We are seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct Instructors at the Grand Haven Campus. Please attach unofficial transcripts when applying.
We are seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct Math Instructors for the Winter 2023 Semester.
Unofficial transcripts must be submitted.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Master's Degree in discipline or 18 credits in the specific discipline. Prefer teaching experience at the college level. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities and cultures. Experience with instructional technology preferred.
Responsible for instruction and facilitating student learning; committed to student recruitment, retention and success; assessment of learning, development of curriculum and use of instructional delivery modes utilizing both traditional and non-traditional methodology.
- Teach assigned course which may include day, night, and online courses, as well as at the main campus and extension centers. Classes are to meet on time for the full allotted time.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that maximize documented student learning.
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports related to student learning.
- Grading assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled and posted times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Encourage student opinion survey completion for each class and then reviewed after summary information available to assist with increasing student success.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including compliance training or hour.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements Include:
☒ Detailed Work
☒ Student Contact
☒ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☒ Emergency Situations
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Working with Others
☐ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☒ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 + lbs.
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
☐ Handle or Feel
☐ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☒ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth Perceptions
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold; and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus locations required.
Muskegon Community College continues to promote staff diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer. MCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, political persuasion, disability, height, weight, veteran status, age or any other protected class in any of its educational programs, activities or employment. Minorities, women, veterans, and the physically challenged are encouraged to apply. Anyone with a disability will be reasonably accommodated by the College. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance in applying for this position, please contact the Human Resources Office
Job LocationGrand Haven, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time