BSU Adjunct Faculty -Select DisciplinesRank :
Instructor 9101Min Salary:
TBDHealth Stipend - For Long Term Contractual. :
N/ADesired Start Date:
Department Chair/College DeanOpen Date:
08/05/2022Open Until Filled:
YesDuties and Responsibilities :
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Bowie State University is seeking to recruit a pool of adjunct faculty in all disciplines (undergraduate and graduate levels) and particularly in the following disciplines:
- Accounting, Finance and Economics (quantitative economics).
- Business Information Systems: Computer Applications in Business and Information.
- Communication: Oral Communication; Public Speaking.
- Computer Science: Programming Java; C++, Python; Data Structures and algorithms; Operating systems; Systems programming; Data Science; Cybersecurity fundamentals; Cloud computing; Programming Languages; Design and Analysis of Algorithms; Software Engineering; Senior Capstone course; Computer Ethics, Social and Legal Issues; Data Communications and networks; Network security.
- Computer Technology: Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning; Data Science; Programming, and Cybersecurity.
- Education: Life and Health; Counseling.
- English: Expository Writing; Argument and Research.
- Freshman Seminar.
- History and Government: African American history; U.S. history; and European history.
- Mathematics: Algebra; Introduction to mathematical ideas; Introduction Probability & Statistics.
- Natural Sciences: Chemistry; Biology; Physics; Biotechnology.
- Sociology: Introduction to Sociology.
- Systems for Management .
Master’s degree and doctoral degree preferred.Experience:
The successful candidates will have a solid experience in higher education, and will have undergraduate and graduate teaching experience either as a professor/instructor or graduate teaching assistant.Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
Strong communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues.Conditions of Employment:
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged but not required for eligible faculty and staff employed by Bowie State University. This protocol may be subject to change.Other:
Bowie State University, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. Bowie State University will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.
For more information on the College’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please visit https://www.bowiestate.edu/about/administration-and-governance/legal-and-government-affairs/office-of-equity-compliance/
PURPOSE: Bowie State University provides high-quality and affordable educational opportunities for students with ambitions to achieve and succeed. In addition to its 23 undergraduate majors, Bowie State offers 20 master’s degree programs, 16 specialty certificates and two doctoral programs with specific focus on science, technology, business, education and related disciplines. A supportive academic environment empowers students to think critically, make new discoveries, value differences and emerge as leaders in a highly technical, rapidly changing global society.Post to JobTarget? :
As a member institution of the University System of Maryland, Bowie State upholds the system’s mission of providing high-caliber, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities.
Bowie State is in the midst of one of the nation’s most exciting metropolitan areas, within easy reach of Washington, DC, and Baltimore. At the same time, it boasts a serene campus on a 300-acre suburban wooded tract. With seven residence halls, the University is a hub of 24/7 undergraduate life, yet it also offers convenient evening classes and online courses to serve employed professionals seeking to move ahead in their careers.
Bowie State University has a solid reputation for providing a high-quality education to undergraduate and graduate students and we seek others who share our commitment and mission. Review of applications will begin as soon as possible, and continue until the positions are filled.
NoQuick Link for Internal Postings: