Part-Time Instructor (Nursing Clinical Supervision) Location:
Valdosta State University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate's area of expertise.
Typical Allocation of Duties:
Supervision/Teaching - 100%
Teaching in a clinical setting. Works with course lead and undergraduate director for clinical assignments. Responsible for clinical students assigned to them for their rotation.
- Bachelor or Science in Nursing with at least 2 years of experience in the Nursing profession
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Must have BLS (healthcare provider)
- MSN degree;
- Nursing Leadership role in the profession;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds
Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Position May Require Credit Check (if using P-Card, working with Cash, etc.).
Position Requires completion of VSU's Annual Compliance Training course (such as State Business Transactions, Drug Free Workplace, Anti-Harassment Policy, Introduction to Information Security, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Policy, USG Ethics Policy, Conflict of Interest/ Outside Activities Policy, Leave Procedures for Faculty and Staff, Georgia Open Records Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Contracts 101. Supervisory positions require training in FMLA and Worker's Compensation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
VSU reserves the right to:
- View social media outlets
- Check references at any point during the search process
- Shut down a posting without additional notification.