UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
Posting TitleAdmissions OfficerDepartmentUNT-Admissions-Gen-164500Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
The Office of Admissions is a vital contributor to the enrollment success at the University of North Texas through student outreach, recruitment endeavors, and a commitment to providing personalized assistance to students throughout the college application and admissions process.
The Office of Admissions at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Admissions Officer for the recruitment of prospective students. Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Recruitment, work involves to ensure programs are being covered appropriately, use data to make strategic decisions about recruitment and outreach, counsel and guide admission applicants, plan recruitment events, and train and supervise new admissions counselors.
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
- Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain credit card, to travel, and present group presentations.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed, and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Candidate will need to provide their own computer and internet connection for the possibility of remote work.
Required License / Registration / Certification
Received: Work completed with a limited degree of supervision. Supervisor makes assignments by defining objectives, priorities and deadlines, and assists employee with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives. Employee plans and carries out assignments and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies and accepted practices.
Given: Typically has no supervisory responsibility for staff but provides informal guidance and support to new team members, as well as on-the-job training on specific tasks required to perform job effectively and procedures to follow. May supervise hourly or student employees.
Driving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Classification TitleAdmissions OfficerPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 50 pounds, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Writing, Talk or Hear Job Duties
Provide high-level customer service to prospective students and families in office via phone, email, in-person meetings.
Timely completion of administrative forms and documentation.
Schedule regular visits with students and counselors in assigned territories and focus on maintaining strong relationships with key school contacts.
Develop proactive territory management plan to convert students through the stages of the admissions funnel from suspect/prospect student stage to enrollment.
Plan and participate in admissions recruitment events on campus and at schools in assigned territory.
Demonstrate high level of professionalism with admissions staff, prospective students, and cross campus partners
Keep up to date on admissions policies and processes.
Consistent use of technology to facilitate communications and data driven decision making.
Responsible and professional use of office and university resources.
Willingness to volunteer to cover events or help when additional assistance is needed to complete required admissions tasks.
Posting NumberS872PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/37613
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Letter of Recommendation
- Other Document