IT Help Desk Technician (part-time)
The IT Help Desk Technician will provide support to end users on a variety of IT issues. Identify, research, and resolve IT technical problems. Respond to IT client telephone calls, voicemail requests for service and tickets submitted online. For issues that are beyond simple troubleshooting, the Help Desk Technician will create and categorize tickets so they are routed to the appropriate staff to ensure a timely resolution.
Note: Schedule will vary to cover help desk hours 7:30 am – 7 pm Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am – 5 pm Friday, with occasional Saturday hours. This position will be located at the Wausau campus. While these hours are typical, they may be subject to change as workload and needs of our customers and work areas change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide help desk support in-person and over the phone
- Provide basic technical support to end users
- Creating and routing tickets
- Maintain ticket routing document
- Troubleshoot user account access issues
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is a requirement.
- Assist Technical Services when needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools including Office
- Knowledge of PC hardware
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, help desk calls, and tickets
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move computer and A/V equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Active Directory a plus.
6 to 8 hours: Performing repetitive movements and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: Grasping and sitting
1 to 3 hours: Bending, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing and walking
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, twisting, working at heights, working in temperature extremes and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 15 or more repetition (s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
20- 50 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Personal Protective Equipment Provided:
Required Employee Program Safety Training: Emergency action plan, emergency procedures and ergonomics (office/workplace) and slips, trips and falls.