Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Academic Success
Nicolet College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when adjuncts are needed in this area. We are accepting resumes for Academic Success Adjunct Instructors for all counties in the Nicolet district.
Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Basic Education and in collaboration with other faculty, teach a full range of courses in the Adult Basic Education (ABE) program and participate in the continuous improvement of the program, courses, and curriculum. The instructor will potentially teach in lab and/or classroom settings. ABE courses cover General College/Prep as well as basic academic subjects.
Responsibilities are at the Rhinelander Campus or designated outreach locations throughout Oneida, Vilas, and Forest counties, and roughly the northern half of Lincoln County, the northwestern third of Langlade County, and the southeastern corner of Iron County. Instructors work mainly daytime hours, however, may include occasional evening and/or weekend teaching assignments.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provide basic education/developmental/remedial instruction to underprepared students in accordance with Personal Educational Plans.
- Provide English as a Second Language instruction through structured classroom and/or individualized settings.
- Develop, maintain and deliver performance-based, learning-centered reading, writing, and math instruction in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Utilize technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the programs and courses by working collaboratively with other faculty and administrators.
- Participate in department activities including department meetings. Serve and participate in college-wide community life beneficial to students.
- Assist students by providing advice regarding their academic career path, assignments, tests, grades, course content, attendance, career opportunities, and other academic matters.
- Maintain professional affiliations and certifications.
- Represent the College and interact with communities and external organizations including the Wisconsin Technical College System, district high schools, employers, Native American tribal communities, advisory committees, and professional groups related to the field.
- Participate in performance appraisals and pursue professional development that enhances teaching and learning practices.
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required, with 20 semester credits in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Adult Education, or Special Needs Education; or with DPI certification or 20 semester credits in any area taught at Elementary Education or Secondary Education levels, and a total of 3 credits of reading instruction and/or Teaching Methods or any combination.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds in classroom and non-classroom settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to create and facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver ABE instruction from intermediate to advanced levels to adult learners attached to 2-year occupational programs.
- Experience with distance learning and delivery methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive working relationships across the College and in the district required.
- Ability to meet and maintain Nicolet College Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/employment/faculty-quality-assurance-system-requirements
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits are not included with this part-time position.
Apply at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a letter of interest, a current resume, and unofficial transcripts of coursework. Applications will be reviewed as needs arise.