Nicolet College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when Adjunct Instructors are needed to teach in the Continuing Education noncredit areas. Areas may include but are not limited to the following Community and Continuing Education topics:
- Arts and Crafts: Sewing, Unique Art, Painting, Drawing
- Food Preparation & Cooking
- Health and Fitness: Dance, Exercise, Yoga and Outdoor Sports
- Business Technology: Microsoft Office Suite and LinkedIn
- Professional Development: Leadership and Customer Service Training
- Certifications and Licensing: Food Manager Certification and Skilled Trades
If you have additional talents or expertise in an area not listed above and would like to share your knowledge, feel free to apply and propose the class idea.
Flexible schedule including days, evenings, or weekends. Classes are offered throughout the Nicolet District, which includes the Rhinelander Campus and designated outreach locations. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver learning in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Maintain accurate student attendance, timecards and class coordination records required according to deadlines.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the Community Education courses by working collaboratively with the Continuing Education coordinator and staff.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or HSED/GED and one year of successful occupational experience in a related field required.
- Knowledge and experience related to technology and/or software required.
- Successful teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to organize activities and assignments, and to create and facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive working relationships across the College and in the district required.
- Ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and must be able to problem solve and perform complex tasks without error.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to normal classroom conditions and usual office equipment.
- The employee will be constantly required to talk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will frequently be required to sit and type/write.
- The employee must occasionally move up to 10 pounds of general office items.
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing normal speaking-level sounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision.
This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.Other
Compensation:Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.
Continuing Education Adjunct Instructors are paid $24 - $30 per hour of instruction based on the type of course offered. Benefits are not included with these part-time positions.
Apply online at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a letter of interest, a current résumé, and unofficial transcripts of coursework. The letter of interest MUST INCLUDE the potential class(es) and a brief description for each class you may be willing to teach. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.