Working at Waubonsee Community College
Waubonsee is not your average community college — and that’s how we like it.
We take pride in exceeding expectations, offering a top education to all students willing to work hard for their dreams. Waubonsee has top-ranked academic programs, a dynamic student population, a breadth of services and resources, and a growing campus network — all of which mean a richer college experience for you.
Waubonsee Community College is a public, comprehensive community college that was organized in 1966, as mandated by the Illinois Community College Act, to provide education and training services for individuals in portions of Kane, Kendall, DeKalb, LaSalle and Will counties of District 516. The philosophy of Waubonsee Community College is based on the premise that education is the cornerstone of a literate, democratic society; that learning is a lifelong process; and that the pursuit of knowledge must be supported by institutional policies that demonstrate the values of accessibility, service, value, quality and innovation.
Waubonsee Community College opens the door of knowledge, sparks imaginations, and enlightens lives through learning. We welcome the diverse abilities, goals, and experiences of individuals standing on the threshold of discovery. Our success is defined by the dreams we help shape, the opportunities we help design, and the futures we help create.
- Accessibility — We remove barriers to learning formed by time, geography, education, culture, experience or beliefs to provide a full range of quality educational opportunities for all who can benefit.
- Service — We view the world from the perspective of those we serve — anticipating needs and striving to exceed expectations while demonstrating a caring, knowledgeable, consistent connection with each individual every time they meet us.
- Value — We focus every resource directly on the search for learning, creating tangible benefits in everything we do.
- Quality — We constantly redefine what it means to be “the best,” seeking to improve in every area and exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- Innovation — We are actively engaged on the frontiers of education, continuously improving the learning environment for our students and communities.