This Employer's Jobs
Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti
Fort Myer, VA
Fort Lewis, WA
Fort Drum, NY
Fort Meade, MD
- 1 of 2
- next ›
UMUC offers the best of both worlds—a convenient online education from a respected state university.
A member of the University System of Maryland, UMUC is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, providing credibility and recognition in the job market.
And for more than 65 years, UMUC has provided educational opportunities to students around the world, earning the university a global reputation for excellence.
Career-Relevant Online Academic Programs
At UMUC, we specialize in providing career-relevant online higher education opportunities to busy professionals. We offer more than 95 degrees and certificates 1 in today's most in-demand fields.
Dedication to Military Students, Veterans, and Their Families
Today, UMUC is the largest public university in the country, educating more than 95,000 students. With divisions in Asia and Europe and a presence on military installations in more than 25 countries and territories, UMUC is also a leading provider of education services to the U.S military.
Student Support to Graduation and Beyond
We offer a variety of student services to ensure our students get the support they need, whether they're studying online or on-site.
Our broad range of support services include access to the University System of Maryland library system, 24-hour tech support, online writing feedback, academic and career advising, and job search assistance.
UMUC is a University System of Maryland institution with a significant national profile.
· In FY 2014, UMUC enrolled more students worldwide than any other four-year, degree-granting public university in the United States.*
· The number of stateside students has increased by more than 40% over the last 10 years from 28,374 in fall 2004 to 47,906 in fall 2014.
· Maryland Board of Regents projects estimate that UMUC's student headcount will grow 24% by 2024.
UMUC is a world leader in online education.
· In FY 2015, UMUC had more than 248,000 worldwide online course enrollments.
· Currently, UMUC offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificates,1 and specializations entirely online.
· In FY 2015, UMUC offered 975 distinct courses online.
· UMUC has received five Online Learning Consortium—formerly known as the Sloan Consortium—awards for Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning: for Institution-Wide Asynchronous Learning Network Programming; Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program for UMUC's Master of Distance Education, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Science in Biotechnology; and Excellence in Faculty Development for Online Teaching
UMUC is a Maryland institution addressing Maryland's needs.
· UMUC is the largest recipient of Maryland community college transfer students and has alliance agreements with all 16 Maryland community colleges that include more than 300 articulated programs.
· In FY 2015, UMUC served more than 32,000 Marylanders.
· In FY 2015, UMUC offered on-site instruction at more than 20 locations in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia
· Maryland residents represented 48% of UMUC's fall 2014 stateside enrolled students.
· In FY 2015, UMUC enrolled more than 9,000 students in the undergraduate and graduate cyber security programs.
UMUC is a global institution.
· In FY 2015, UMUC's overseas divisions offered on-site classes in more than 20 countries and territories throughout the world, enrolling almost 11,000 individual students in undergraduate and graduate programs in Asia and Europe.
· UMUC has received three IMS Global Learning Consortium awards: the Learning Impact Award; Best in Category, Faculty Development Network for the UMUC faculty e-zine; and Best in Category, Online Laboratory for UMUC's online hands-on labs in information assurance.
UMUC provides access to higher education for minority students.
·UMUC enrolls more African American students than any of the four Maryland historically black colleges and universities. In fall 2014, 30% of UMUC's stateside students were African American students;minority students constituted 46% of the total enrollment.
· In FY 2015, 25% of UMUC students who took at least one online class were African American.
· In FY 2015, 36% of the master's degrees UMUC conferred were to awarded to African American students; 28% of all degrees and certificates at UMUC were awarded to African American students.
UMUC provides higher education opportunities to working adults.
· In spring 2014, approximately 75% of undergraduate students enrolled in UMUC's stateside programs were working full-time.
· More than half (54%) of UMUC stateside students are working parents.
· In fall 2014, the median age for students enrolled in UMUC's stateside undergraduate programs was 31.
UMUC continues its long history of delivering higher education to our military.
· In FY 2015, UMUC enrolled almost 52,000 active-duty military, reservist, dependent, and veteran students.
· Currently, UMUC offers courses and/or services at more than 140 worldwide locations on four continents.
· Military Times Edge ranked UMUC one of the "Best for Vets Colleges" in 2015.
· Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs and Guide to Military Friendly Schools, named UMUC among the top military-friendly colleges and universities in 2015.