RMIT University Vietnam is an Asian campus of Melbourne-based RMIT University - Australia's biggest tertiary institution. RMIT Vietnam offers programs from business and management to design and micro engineering, and boasts an impressive range of extra-curricular activities that encourage students to break new ground in their areas of interest.
- global in attitude, action and presence, offering our students a global passport to learning and work;
- urban in orientation and creativity, shaping sustainable cities and drawing inspiration from the challenges and opportunities they provide; and
- connected through active partnerships with professions, industries and organisations to support the quality, reach and impact of our education and research.
Teaching and learning at RMIT Vietnam
RMIT Vietnam is committed to providing quality education. Programs and courses at RMIT International University Vietnam are identical to those at RMIT University, Melbourne. The students at RMIT Vietnam are awarded an RMIT Melbourne degree on satisfactory completion of their program of studies. The learning objectives, course and curriculum materials, assessment tasks, and electronic resources are prepared for use in Vietnam by staff of RMIT Melbourne, meaning the academic's role at RMIT Vietnam is focused on adding value to the teaching and learning process through creative facilitated learning more than developing/delivering the traditional university lecture style approach.
There are three centres of learning excellence at RMIT Vietnam:
- Centre of Commerce and Management
- Centre of Technology
- Centre of Communication and Design
Academic staff employed at RMIT International University Vietnam work in collaboration with academic staff from RMIT University Melbourne to customise the materials that are prepared in Melbourne for off-shore delivery, and to facilitate the teaching and learning processes at RMIT Vietnam. The teaching model at RMIT Vietnam favours small group interaction, face-to-face discussions and tutorial groups, as well as facilitated on-line and self-directed learning by students.
Staff employed by RMIT Vietnam may be positioned at any one of three locations:
- Saigon South, 702 Nguyen Van Linh, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi, Handi Resco Building, 521 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Pham Ngoc Thach, 21 Pham Ngoc Thach St, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Work with us
At RMIT Vietnam; we recognise that our staff are looking for something a bit different, whether it's the opportunity to work in an international environment, or the unique experience of working for an Australian university in a fascinating and rapidly developing country like Vietnam.