WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Glasgow Regional Campus
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/CAMPUS LIBRARIAN
Western Kentucky University, Glasgow Regional Campus, seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Professor/ Campus Librarian in the Department of Library Public Services. This position is located on the Glasgow Campus and is a ten-month, tenure-eligible faculty position available on July 1, 2013.
The WKU-Glasgow (WKU-G) campus serves approximately 2500 enrolled students and employs over 100 faculty and staff members. The campus, roughly 35 miles east of the main campus in Bowling Green, offers a wide variety of degree programs and serves an eight-county region in south central Kentucky. With a population of just under 15,000, Glasgow is the county seat of Barren County.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs. All tenure-eligible positions involve, in addition to regular job duties, public service and research/publishing.
- Supervises Glasgow Campus Library services and personnel, including 3 student assistants and 3 part-time employees
- Offers general and specific reference service, including research instruction and faculty/student orientation
- Provides collection development for the Glasgow library collection
- Collaborates with Extended Campus Librarian to assure quality service to extended campus students
- Supervises circulation, computer operations, and copy machine procedures
- Attends monthly meetings of the Glasgow Campus personnel
- Engages with key community constituents including the public library
NOTE: This position requires regular, periodic travel between Glasgow and the main campus in Bowling Green.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science (from an ALA accredited program) plus a Subject Master’s, specialist, or other advanced degree
- Prior library experience in a professional position
- Course work in reference and experience providing reference service and instruction
- Ability to meet the promotion and tenure criteria of the Department
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Please send application materials (cover letter/statement, vitae, and full contact information for three references) to:
Dr. Charles Smith, Professor
Dept. of Library Public Services
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd. # 11067
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1067
Review of applications will begin April 15, 2013. Position is available July 1, 2013.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.