SUMMARY: Eastern Nazarene College invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Physics and Engineering beginning in academic year 2013-2014. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate teaching excellence and a desire and vision for serving in a dynamic physics/engineering program within the context of an urban Christian liberal arts institution.
The Physics and Engineering Department at Eastern Nazarene College demands rigorous academic work, a serious attitude about academics and individual goals, and a commitment to excellence. The department offers bachelor’s degrees in physics, electrical engineering, computer engineering, general engineering and engineering studies and has a long tradition of excellence in education. Students leave our programs well prepared for the workplace and graduate studies. Over the years, the high caliber of the education from the Physics and Engineering Department has earned the respect of employers and graduate schools alike. Our faculty is highly rated on their commitment to teaching excellence and their dedication to mentoring students in groundbreaking research. Students are also given an opportunity to do research towards developing innovative solutions to social justice problems.
- Teach undergraduate students various Physics/Engineering courses such as General Physics, Modern Physics, Dynamics, and Quantum Theory. Specific course assignments will depend on the candidate's qualifications
- Serve as a student academic advisor and serve on campus shared-governance committees
- Introduce students to research opportunities in Physics/Engineering field
- A Ph.D. in Physics is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in experimental or applied physics
- Research and emphasis in an area that is accessible to undergraduate students
- Demonstrated campus and community involvement preferred
- Demonstrated ability to integrate faith and learning in the classroom
Applicants may make application by submitting their Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter, proposed research, philosophy of education within a Christian context, and a personal statement of faith.
Address: Eastern Nazarene College, 23 E. Elm Avenue, Quincy, MA 02170
Email: email@example.com 
Eastern Nazarene College, a four-year, liberal arts, residential college of the Church of the Nazarene, located on Boston's South Shore, seeks qualified persons to join a multi-cultural community to fill faculty and staff positions. ENC encourages women and minorities to apply. Applicants should be committed Christians and active in a local church. Preference in hiring is given to those with Wesleyan convictions and background, though qualified applicants from other Christian traditions will be considered as well.