Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) is proud to be Ohio’s first and largest community college. Each year more than 55,000 credit and non-credit students take courses at our four traditional campuses, two Corporate College locations, 50+ off-campus sites and via television and the Internet. Offering more than 1,000 credit courses in more than 140 career and technical programs and liberal arts curricula, we are a highly respected academic institution and have earned distinction as one of the Board Member Colleges for the League for Innovation in the Community College.
Tri-C seeks a dynamic full-time faculty member with a passion for undergraduate education to help advance and grow the networking and information technology programs of study. While the primary focus for this position is computer networking technologies, candidates should be interested and qualified to teach other foundation computer courses as well.
Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field Minimum of two years (full-time) college-level teaching experience in networking technologies, operating systems and computer hardware/software.
Minimum of two years (full time) college-level teaching or industry training experience in networking technologies, operating systems and computer hardware/software or equivalent.
Knowledge and proficiency in Linux Administration, Cisco Network Technology, Microsoft Server Technology, mobile computing, wireless technologies, virtualization, VOIP, cloud computing, project management
Professional IT certifications, such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT, CCNA, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP,MCTS, CISSP. Experience using a learning management system to deliver
distance learning coursese
Any combination of the above qualifcations will be given consideration.
In addition, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline.
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students.
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles.
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment.
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments.
• Being a successful advocate to new initiatives in curriculum or delivery.
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal.
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the college.
This is a full-time tenure track faculty opportunity for the academic year beginning August (Fall) 2013. The academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) is 36 weeks in duration; summer contracts are issued separately.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.