State Class Code UG70
Vacancy # 13016
Piedmont Technical College invites applications for the position of English Instructor. The successful candidate will be responsible for English instruction on all campuses of Piedmont Technical College. Additional duties include student advisement, curriculum development, community and college service, and professional development. A master's degree in English or a master's with 18 hours in English is required. Preference will be given to candidates based upon the following selection criteria:
1. Teaching experience, especially at the community and technical college level.
2. Commitment to creating multiple learning options to serve a diverse student body with diverse learning styles and learning needs.
3. Commitment to improving student learning by the integration of new technology and other innovative approaches to classroom instruction and curriculum design.
4. Understanding and commitment to the educational philosophy of the public two-year college system.
5. Willingness to work within a flexible teaching schedule (i.e., day, evening), at varied sites (i.e., on-campus, off-campus), to various populations (i.e., traditional, returning students, Dual Enrollment/OnDeck) and in distance learning formats.
6. Commitment to interact with students outside a classroom setting as an instructor and an academic advisor.
Position will be open until May 1, 2013, with an anticipated starting date of August 10, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified applicants meeting minimum requirements must apply online and attach a letter of interest (3 pages or less) describing how the applicant meets the stated selection criteria, a current resume, and copies of transcripts (graduate and undergraduate course work) to the State of SC Employment Application at www.jobs.sc.gov . All requested information must be received before candidate’s application will be reviewed. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application. Paper, faxed or emailed applications/resumes will not be accepted, reviewed or responded to. Applicants selected for interview must provide transcript copies at interview. AA/EOE