Located in central Minnesota, College of Saint Benedict, for women, and Saint John's University, for men, are nationally recognized Catholic liberal arts colleges and ranked as two of the top three Catholic colleges in the nation. They share one academic program, and students attend classes together on both campuses. This integrated learning experience combines a challenging academic program with extensive opportunities for international study, leadership, service learning, spiritual growth and cultural and athletic involvement. The combined enrollment of more than 3,800 students makes CSB and SJU the largest of the nation's liberal arts colleges. The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University, are located four miles apart in Central Minnesota just outside metropolitan St. Cloud and 70 miles from Minneapolis. Both are Catholic colleges in the Benedictine tradition, which emphasize quality teaching and a commitment to intercultural learning. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu .
The Saint John's University Athletic Department invites applications for a benefit eligible, 10 months per year appointment as Assistant Athletic Trainer/Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach. This position will provide athletic training services and coverage duties. In addition, this position will monitor strength & conditioning to student-athletes participating on Saint John's University (SJU) NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic teams.
Athletic training sport assignment: football, wrestling, club rugby and lacrosse. Responsibilities include coverage of assigned team, athletic training room and home athletic events; travel with teams based on sport assignments. In-season and off-season strength & conditioning responsibilities will be assigned by the SJU Head Strength & Conditioning Coach. Other duties may be assigned by the SJU Head Athletic Trainer and SJU Athletic Director throughout the year.
1. Bachelor's degree in athletic training or related field (Master's preferred).
2. Certified under the standards established by the National Athletic Trainers' Associate Board of Certification.
3. Certified in Strength & Conditioning or eligible to obtain certification by August 15, 2013 under the standards established by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC), or by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS).
4. Certified in CPR with AED by American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
1. Two years athletic training experience at the college level.
2. One year strength and conditioning experience (college level preferred).
MINIMUM SKILLS & ABILITIES:
. Registered as an athletic trainer in the State of Minnesota by the Board of Medical Practice.
2. Maintains required professional certifications and remains up to date in the current field of athletic training, sports medicine and strength & conditioning.
3. Self motivated individual that works well with minimal supervisorial direction.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications are accepted online at https://employment.csbsju.edu . You will be asked to complete an application form and attach a cover letter and resume. Review of applications will begin March 1, 2013.
Women, individuals of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Saint John's University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.