POSITION: Director of Nursing and Clinical Affiliations
• Supports the Dean of Nursing and Chair in the preparation of the fall and spring assignment for full-time and adjunct faculty; and alignment of program policies and procedures with college and outside regulatory agencies; assist in the program improvement accountability efforts.
• Supports the Dean of Nursing and Chair with faculty development and maintenance of the nursing curriculum, instructional technology and with the supervision and evaluation of support staff assigned to the nursing department.
• Performs other related task and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Nursing and may be assigned duties of Dean of Nursing in the absence of Dean.
• Collaborate and consult with Dean of Nursing/Chair/faculty to determine the appropriate clinical placement.
• Communicate with clinical agencies regarding clinical opportunities and plans for student placements and ensure that contractual agreements with clinical affiliates are current.
• Secure and maintain fall and spring clinical sites along with collecting and maintaining student compliance data base, confirming dates for rotation and orientation, and providing sites with class lists and compliance data; resolve issues as they arise.
• Communicate with students regarding clinical placement, clinical inquiries, concerns and questions.
• Attend faculty clinical orientations.
• Coordinate all nursing adjunct faculty activities.
• Master’s of Science (MSN/MS) in Nursing required.
• Must possess current and active RN Illinois license in good standing with current CPR required.
• 2 years of college-level teaching experience in nursing required.
• 5 years of recent clinical experience in providing direct patient care in an acute care setting required.
• Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
• Experience with clinical arrangements and contractual agreements required.
• Flexible scheduling; travel required to affiliate clinical sites.
• Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can be a team player and desires to share creative solutions and best practices.
• Excellent communication, organizational and proven leadership skills required.
• Evidence of continuing nursing education required.
• Proficient in MS Office programs.
BEGINNING DATE: April 15, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 6, 2013
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit letter of application, resume, and transcripts to
email@example.com  or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245