OSU – Oklahoma City, located in the heart of Oklahoma City, is looking for a Director of Safety and Security.
Develops, implements and maintains safety and security programs for the campus. Responsible for planning and implementation of campus emergency management. Conducts and coordinates training education classes for employees. Acts as an advisor to departments on all aspects of safety and security issues, compliance and education. Ensures campus compliance with state and federal safety regulations and OSU policies. Provides guidance, supervision and support to the Security Coordinator and the Safety Coordinator positions. Advises on security operations, policies, regulations and practices.
* contingent upon qualifications and available funding
Special instructions to applicant:
* Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations in addition to OSU policy.
* Conducts or coordinates training classes for employees, including but not limited to Hazardous Communication, Back Safety, Blood Borne Pathogens, Personal Protective Equipment, and other related training.
* Serves as liaison with local, state, and federal agencies regarding emergency operations, coordination and implementation.
* Coordinates NIMS activities and compliance.
* Oversees campus motor pool.
* Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Work is normally performed in an office and in the field.
* Must be able to occasionally work irregular hours (night, weekend, holiday and summer audits).
* Must be able to climb, bend, stop, reach and stand or walk for long periods.
* Working in confined spaces is sometimes required.
* Must be able to push, pull or lift at least 25 pounds.
* Must be able to read various forms of written materials and recognize different signs and symbols.
* Minimum of five years' experience in safety and security.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 year's experience in a supervisory capacity.
* Experience with planning and overseeing safety and security training and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work independently
* Strong decision making ability; ability to make sound judgments in the implementation of policy
* Ability to develop and maintain positive public relations
* Excellent communication, persuasion and diplomatic skills; ability to effectively communicate to a diverse group of people at various organizational levels
* Strong computer proficiency
* Ability to interpret technical data; demonstrated ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals.
* Ability to keep informed and keep campus in compliance with federal and state regulations and OSU policy
* Ability to develop, implement and maintain an effective safety program and coordinate all aspects of safety compliance and education, in accordance with a university setting
* Ability to conduct and/or coordinate safety education classes and campus emergency management training
* Bachelor's Degree
* Previous experience working within a higher education
Applications accepted online only at Http://jobs.okstate.edu. For questions about applying online please contact 405-945-3206.
OSU-Oklahoma City is an AA/EEO/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSU-Oklahoma City is a tobacco and vapor-free campus.