The Procurement Services Department at the University of Connecticut is seeking applications for an Administrative Coordinator to assist in managing administrative and business functions and provide advanced administrative support for the Procurement Services and Capital Projects & Contract Administration (CPCA) units. Under the direction of the Associate Director of Contracting and Compliance, this position is responsible for coordinating the contract management function, including directing the workflow, coordinating work between units within department and University and supervising the processing of administrative and contracting paperwork with responsibility to identify and follow-up to resolve problems; assist in preparing and managing approved contracts; advise and assist the Associate Directors and Operations Manager in resolving contractual and other business problems in support of the department's operations, programs and services; coordinate, monitor and assist with customer support, workflows for bid activities and contracting efforts; assemble and interpret data and prepare informational reports requiring discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information and correspondence; regularly communicate with other University offices and/or outside agencies; and respond to requests for information and transmit authoritative information.
Additionally, the incumbent will handle administrative matters for supervisor(s) and function on behalf of regarding business matters as directed; represent the department to other University and external offices and agencies in administrative matters; serve as a resource regarding policies and procedures relating to University and department operations and business practices; prepare and coordinate Board of Trustees (BOT) submissions and executive reporting requirements for the (BOT) and a variety of other committees such as the Construction Management Oversight Committee (CMOC) and the Building, Grounds and Environment (BG&E) Committee; participate in and support weekly operational and staff meetings with Purchasing and CPCA; be responsible for the maintenance and supervision of complex, automated filing systems and record-keeping activities; coordinate and oversee building and facilities maintenance, safety and security measures; and support special project initiatives or operations such as BioScience CT, Tech Park, etc.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One to three years progressively responsible administrative experience.
3. Administrative, organizational and supervisory ability.
4. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with the department/University staff, the University community and other individuals and groups.
5. Ability to resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
6. Excellent written and communication skills.
7. Computer literacy and proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
1. Experience working in a law firm or legal department and drafting legal documents.
2. Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to department/unit to be served such as but not limited to business or public administration, law or accounting.
3. Familiarity and/or knowledge with principles of procurement, compliance, procurement law, and knowledge of State of Connecticut procurement statutes and other public procurement in a state or federal environment.
4. Considerable knowledge of academic institutional program needs including capital projects construction and professional services, research, and educational services and outreach programs.
5. Familiarity and working knowledge of SciQuest eProcurement and Kuali Financial Systems.
This is a full time, permanent position. Starting salary is in the low 50's.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via the Husky Hire applicant system. Please identify in your cover letter the search number for this position (#2013428), and ensure your application materials demonstrate how you meet the stated minimum qualifications and any of the preferred you may have. To view a position description visit www.purchasing.uconn.edu . The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.