Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive, student-centered environment. Rasmussen College offers Certificate and Diploma programs through Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees online and across its 22 Midwest and Florida campuses. By combining career development expertise, high academic standards and exceptional student support services, Rasmussen College graduates gain the skills to succeed in their chosen field.?Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
The Dean, School of Allied Health Sciences reports to a Senior Dean of Academic Programs. The Senior Dean of Academic Programs reports to the Vice President of Academic Innovation at the College.
The Dean, School of Allied Health Sciences will serve as the primary academic leader for his/her school, providing vision, oversight and direction for all programs of study. In particular, the School Dean is responsible for overseeing curriculum development, program review, student learning outcomes, and faculty training for all programs within the School. The School Dean is accountable for the academic health of the School and collaborates regularly with leaders across the College to ensure academic quality and student success.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provides oversight for the development of new academic programs, working closely with SMEs, content contributors, the instructional design
- Manages ongoing program enhancement, program review and program development processes
- Ensures academic innovation in all programs and serves as a thought leader for the School
- Evaluates student learning outcomes, investigates potential challenges and plans for greater student success
- Works closely with Director of Faculty Development to provide training for faculty within the disciplines
- Works closely with other College leaders to ensure appropriate training for various constituents
- Develops and leads national School Advisory Boards to ensure that programs and curricula are relevant for today’s workforce
- Analyzes trends in School programs and proactively connects with colleagues and offices across the College to improve results in faculty performance and student outcomes
- Develops an annual set of goals and objectives which guide the activities of the School
- Meets major business objectives as set forth by academic leaders
- Monitors licensing, accreditation and state regulations to ensure compliance
- Communicates with and trains the campus/online leadership and staff about field about programmatic changes
- Regularly solicits feedback from College constituents about program health, challenges, and opportunities
- Actively participates as a member of the School Dean team
- Provides quarterly academic report to College leaders, highlighting successes, challenges and plans to overcome challenges
- Leads School development opportunities for faculty during faculty development week and throughout the year
- Analyzes faculty performance within disciplines and across the School to determine areas of strength and opportunities for coaching
- Models strict adherence to all institutional, governmental, and accreditation policies, regulations and codes of conduct at all times
- Serves as a programmatic expert when needed to marketing, admissions and career services
- A Master’s degree in Health Sciences-related field, Doctoral degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years teaching experience
- 3-5+ years experience in a business focused industry is also required
- Ability to remain current in field through professional development such as: workshops, conferences, and/or course work
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of leading and motivating high energy teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Rasmussen is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Contact: Submit your resume to email@example.com