This position is responsible for (a) establishing industry contacts, working with faculty, supervisor(s), and Director of Cylab for recruiting new corporate members (b) continual management of relations between CyLab and member companies; (c) coordinating with the faculty for activities relating to member recruiting; (d)coordinating with government agencies as necessary. Goals for the number of sales and total dollars will be set on a fiscal year basis. Responsibilities include outreach activities in the pursuit of corporate partnerships and relationship management activities to nurture those partnerships, such as presentations, events, and student recruiting efforts. The incumbent must interface directly with executives and other senior representatives of large corporations. The incumbent must possess and continually update a deep knowledge and understanding of the challenges technologists, executives, and managers face in the area of information security, and also of the expertise and research areas of relevant faculty members affiliated with CyLab including other CMU campuses.
• Education: At least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Experience: At least 5 or more years of related experience
• Skills: Mastery and broad understanding in specific field of Cyber-security & Privacy; ability to function competently in a team environment; excellent analytical, organizational, supervisory, reasoning and problem solving skills; ability to interact effectively with campus community and external customers; excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer literacy; ability to maintain or oversee accurate and detailed records; Must have strong leadership capability and excellent problem-solving skills. Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills are a must. Must have knowledge of university policies and procedures, particularly relevant to corporate partnerships, negotiating agreements, and intellectual property.
• Physical Mobility: Must be able to travel to other on-campus and off-campus locations; may require some bending, stretching, pushing as well as lifting of several reams of paper, etc;
• Environmental Conditions: Travel will be necessary in this position, although may be mostly local.
• Mental: Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions; Ability to think strategically and build relationships with faculty, clients, and federal and corporate partners; ability to interface directly and effectively with executive level personnel in both the private and public sectors; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to work under pressure; ability to meet inflexible deadlines; Ability to divide attention and successfully pursue several initiatives in parallel.
• Other: Week-end and evening hours may be required
• Education: Masters in Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
• Experience: Experience in an academic institution with exposure to managing interdisciplinary research, executive education, and corporate relationship development.
• Skills: Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
TO APPLY: Please go online to http://www.cmu.edu/jobs  and apply to Job# 9701.
CARNEGIE MELLON IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE INVITE AND ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES