Probationary Status, Tenure Track
Salary Range: $43,763 – $54,903
Excellent Fringe Benefits
Application deadline: February 11, 2013
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: APPLYING ONLINE AT WWW.SC4.EDU/JOBS. UNOFFICIAL COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS, COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND 3 LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE ALSO REQUIRED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION. THESE MATERIALS MAY BE FAXED TO HR’S ATTENTION AT 810-989-5577, OR EMAIL TO HR@SC4.EDU .
• Teaching assignment may include a full range of courses within the Practical Nursing program.
• Teaching assignments may include a full-range of undergraduate courses such as:
o Medical surgical nursing (Practical Nursing Level)
o Health Education courses
• Teaching assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or on-line courses.
• Teaching responsibilities include teaching courses, maintaining scheduled office hours, advising students, developing curriculum, and participating in College service, and professional development activities.
• Leadership in developing and improving our academic courses.
• Community service is encouraged.
• Role model desirable clinical instructor behaviors for adjunct clinical faculty.
• Serve as a liaison between clinical sites and the nursing department.
• Master’s degree or higher required in Nursing. Applicants in process of obtaining MSN may be considered but would be required to complete the MSN program within five years from date of hire.
• Current Michigan license as a registered nurse or eligibility for Michigan licensure required.
• Three years clinical nursing experience.
• All academic degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Ability to maintain good relationships with students, staff, and community members.
• Teaching experience at the at the community college level.
• Experience and/or interest in using multi-media/new instructional technology in the classroom.
• Minimum 3 years acute care medical – surgical clinical nursing experience required.
• Evidence of clinical competency required.
• Experience in electronic medical records desirable.
• Evidence of Adult Health experience.
• Current knowledge of changes in adult health (practice, medications, cutting-edge research.)
• Passion for providing optimal clinical experiences for practical nursing students.
• Ability to provide alternate clinical experiences if clinical census mandates.