Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
School/College: College of Liberal Art and Sciences
Department: Liberal Studies/UG Education K-8
Location: Azusa Campus
Job Description: The Liberal Studies Program invites applications for a position as Assistant or Associate Professor of Liberal Studies. This position involves instruction in undergraduate courses pertaining to education including introduction to teaching, cultural diversity in the K-12 classroom, philosophy, and ethics along with maintaining an active research program and scholarly activities. Position subject to final funding.
Specialization: K-12 Education, Philosophy, Cultural Diversity
- Teach some combination of the following upper-division courses: Introduction to Teaching as a Profession, Cultural Diversity in the Classroom, and Senior Seminar: Education and Professional Ethics.
- Curriculum and Program development.
- Maintain an active research program and scholarly activities
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students as needed.
- Participate in program review and accreditation reporting
- Participate in program, college, and university affairs.
Level: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Candidates should possess an earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Education
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of K-12 education incorporating diverse perspectives with faith integration
- A commitment and understanding of teaching excellence in an undergraduate liberal arts program
- Evidence of teaching excellence in university or K-12 settings
- Active scholarship and participation in the field of teaching and education.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University.
- Meet expectations of local K-12 Public School districts such as TB and Background check.
- Previous teaching experience at university level
- A demonstrated commitment to scholarship in Education and/or Teaching Profession
Workload: 12 units per semester
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled