John Carroll University
Division of Student Affairs
Staff Psychologist/Counselor for the University Counseling Center
John Carroll University’s Counseling Center invites applications for a full-time, 10-month Staff Psychologist/Counselor position. We are seeking well-qualified candidates with demonstrated clinical experience working in college counseling. Responsibilities include individual and group psychotherapy, consultation and crisis response services, supervision of graduate interns, and the provision of outreach and educational programming. A primary purpose of this position is to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the effective provision of high quality counseling services to students that reduce barriers to learning and create opportunities for greater academic achievement and student success.
• Provide direct individual and group counseling services.
• Provide consultation to faculty, staff, and parents regarding student mental health issues.
• Provide crisis intervention and serve in an emergency on-call capacity on a rotating basis.
• Provide clinical supervision and training for graduate student interns working in the center.
• Participate in the development and facilitation of innovative educational programs designed to promote student wellness and academic success.
• Participate in assessment and evaluation activities.
• Serve on various University committees.
• Participate in developing and maintaining effective relationships with other campus constituencies.
• Requires a Master’s degree or Doctoral Degree from an accredited program in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, or Counseling. Prior experience working in a college counseling center is strongly preferred.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are licensed or license eligible as a psychologist in the State of Ohio, or who hold a PCC-S in the state of Ohio.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the developmental and psychological issues of college students and ability to establish effective rapport with this population.
• Candidates should possess and demonstrate the ability to work with diverse constituencies and have excellent skills in oral and written communication.
• Candidates should possess values compatible with, and supportive of, the mission of John Carroll University.
• Availability to work some nights and weekends when needed in order to ensure a quality student experience is an expectation of this position.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, a resume/cv, and the contact information for 3 professional references. Review of application will begin on January 30th and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please visit: https://jcu.hua.mytalentlink.hrdpt.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=472 
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The university is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.