Job ID: 2012-31720
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 2/28/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About Chamberlain College of Nursing:
Chamberlain College of Nursing offers bachelor's and master's degree programs in nursing. Campuses are currently located in Phoenix, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; Addison and Chicago, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Columbus, Ohio; Houston, Texas; and Arlington, Virginia.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, ncahlc.org. HLC is one of the six regional agencies that accredit U.S. colleges and universities at the institutional level. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and the Master of Science in Nursing degree program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791). The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at the St. Louis and Columbus campuses and the Associate Degree in Nursing program are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree programs at the Phoenix and the Addison campuses are candidates for accreditation by NLNAC. Candidacy is the first step toward NLNAC accreditation. (NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326,404.975.5000). Accreditation provides assurance to the public and to prospective students that standards of quality have been met. Program availability varies by location. Chamberlain reserves the right to update information as it becomes available. Information is current at the time of posting. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain College of Nursing LLC is a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services. ©2010 Chamberlain College of Nursing LLC. All rights reserved. www.chamberlain.edu. 
The Manager for the Academic Support Lab/Center for Academic Success (CAS) plans, designs, and implements the Chamberlain College of Nursing CAS, developing and implementing an academic support program for students including providing academic instruction, guidance and support. The Manager of the CAS reports to the Dean of Academic Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, hires, and evaluates performance of tutors and coordinates the peer-tutor program; assists the student finance department in managing scholarships and payments to tutors.
- Works with the Dean of Academic Operations (DAO) to set goals for the Center for Academic Success, develops expected student learning outcomes (SLOs) for the CAS and sets appropriate matrixes for measuring the SLOs.
- Writes quarterly and annual reports detailing the challenges and accomplishments of the Center for Academic Success and provides recommendations for addressing the challenges.
- Works with faculty and the DAO to recruit and coordinate proctors for all course examinations.
- Assesses learning needs of individual students and develops a plan of instruction based on assessment results
- Plans, designs, implements, tracks and evaluates the CAS and the programs provided to meet the needs of both on-site and on-line students.
- Markets the CAS services to students on campus and online; works with the marketing department to assist with the development of marketing materials, and works with DeVry Online personnel to implement online tutoring services in the CAS, including live chat, recorded mini lectures, etc.
- Provides academic instruction and guidance to students.
- Provides group and individual learning activities for students in order to improve academic performance and student retention, such as supplemental instruction study sessions.
- Analyzes student academic data for research and assessment purposes.
- Researches and requests appropriate academic resources as needed in the CAS.
- Maintains currency of knowledge in the field to provide student academic support.
- Orients faculty and provides support, guidance, and mentorship to faculty in supporting student needs and keeping abreast of current learning theories.
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of college programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to students.
- Coordinates standardized testing, including the ordering of and distributing of materials, overseeing exams, and evaluating effectiveness of the testing center.
- Oversees the Student Academic Success (SAS) Program for students, working in conjunction with the National Dean of Academic Success and the Academic Success Counselors, to include the development of remediation plans, the recommendation of learning materials, and the referral of students to appropriate resource persons.
- Works with outside agencies in the referral and advisement of students.
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy, professional environment, effective communication, first class service.
- Participates in professional organizations as appropriate and serves on College committees as assigned.
- Handles other related duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Nursing or related field required
- Doctorate preferred
- 3 years experience in an academic environment providing classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support required
- Experience managing day-to-day activities in an academic department preferred, including program development and supervision of service providers
- Member of college Reading and Learning Association and the National Tutoring Association highly recommended
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, planning and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with MS Office computer applications
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.