Founded in 1821, The George Washington University (GW) is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication, respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the University seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the University.
Employer Relationship Development Consultant
GW’s Career Center and Career Services Advisory Council will pilot a new model to engage and develop employer relationships. During the six-month pilot phase the University seeks to temporarily employ both full-time and part-time Employer Relationship Development Consultants (officially “Employer Development Consultants” or “EDs”).
The EDs will be responsible for increasing the number of interactions and enhancing relationships with local, regional, national, and international employers in focused sectors and industries, including:
• Healthcare (public health, nursing , and health sciences)
• STEM (science, technology, math, and engineering)
• Private sector (including small business and start-ups)
The EDs will build multi-faceted relationships with potential employers of GW students and alumni. The EDs will also enhance existing relationships with potential employers and contribute directly and indirectly to the education of career services staff, students, and alumni via electronic communication and event programming.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience working for or with businesses/organizations in the focused sectors/industries.
• Strong communication, presentation, writing, project management, and interpersonal skills.
• Five (5) or more years working for or with businesses/organizations in the targeted sectors/industries in Washington, D.C., the region, nationally and/or internationally.
• Demonstrated familiarity and competence with data mining and web based communication/social media including, but not limited to, LinkedIn and Facebook.
• Experience with sales, business development, or recruiting.
• Experience working with or for institutions of higher education.
• Results orientation.
Office space and meeting space on GW’s Foggy Bottom Campus is available for EDs upon request. Otherwise, EDs are expected to work independently off-campus and expected to attend meetings and other events on GW’s Foggy Bottom Campus as scheduled/requested.
These roles will be hired through GW’s ColonialTemps, the University’s internal temporary staffing service and program of the Human Resources
For consideration, submit your resume via email to:
Program Lead, ColonialTemps