The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The University of Rochester Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is recruiting for an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Highland Hospital. The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Providing obstetric patient care on labor and delivery at Highland Hospital
- Providing gynecologic care for inpatients, surgical patients and emergency room patients at Highland Hospital
- Providing outpatient obstetric and gynecologic care at Highland Hospital outpatient sites
- Providing consultative services to the URMC Midwifery Group, both obstetric and gynecologic, inpatient and outpatient at Highland Hospital
- Supervising fellows, residents and medical students in the above clinical activities
Candidate must have an MD Degree with board certification or eligibility in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The applicant must apply online and be eligible for NYS license. A post-offer health assessment and drug testing is required to be performed on-site. The University of Rochester has a strong commitment to principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in higher education.