Job ID: 2012-39754
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/12/2012
Division: DeVry Inc.
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV, member S&P 500 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, and Ross University Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology. DeVry’s institutions serve students in secondary through postsecondary education and professionals in accounting and finance.
Under general supervision, the senior programmer analyst formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research to develop or modify information systems. This includes assisting in the preparation of, or preparing, detailed specifications from which programs will be written. The Programmer Analyst designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains enterprise applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate as a team member in the application development area.
- Learn business functions to effectively participate in technical analysis, design, construction and implementation.
- Code solutions to problems using a structured approach keeping in mind long term maintainability and quick accessibility.
- Test coded solutions properly against customer acceptance criteria to ensure a quality application
- Document consistently and accurately on all application projects. All technical documentation (new development and maintenance) should be complete, understandable and accessible.
- Communicate and maintain a productive working relationship with user base of product/service line as well as all appropriate parties to an assignment, both internal and external to IT.
- Report appropriate and correct status to project leadership, manager and Director.
- Improve knowledge in new technologies in order to use them in approved projects; participate on special projects as assigned.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience with various operative environments, toolsets and development methodologies
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with PL/SQL, Workflow and Report creation.
- Experience with one or more of the following preferred PL/SQL, Oracle Database, Unix Scripting.
- Understanding of RAD, SDLC, Client Server/Distributed Application Design and Development
- Fast effective debugging skills
- Agile mentality and ability to switch between priorities with little lag time
- Ability to collaboratively identify potential solutions and effectively communicate benefits
- Understanding of business processes, project management/planning, time management
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams, peers, clients
- Must be motivated and be able to contribute in fast paced environment while maintaining quality of performance
- Must have at least three (3) years experience developing and designing object-oriented programs using PL/SQL.
- Preferred experience: Banner 8.X experience, Banner Workflow, Banner Security, ProC, Appworx, and Oracle DBA Knowledge,
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.