Job ID: 2012-36648
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/26/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Provides executive leadership and overall direction to the Chamberlain College of Nursing admissions team. Responsible for the development and operation of the admissions team and for meeting growth and profitability goals through the proper development and management of the team’s resources. Develops training materials for all levels of admissions staff, hires and trains staff in the implementation of student enrollment strategies and the management of resources in order to meet performance expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Manages the College’s admissions staff, which includes hiring, training and developing Assistant/Associate Directors of Admission and support staff and ensures that each campus is properly managed.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term strategic plans to achieve desired student recruitment goals, consistent with the mission, vision and values of Chamberlain College of Nursing.
- Develops an annual student recruitment plan for each campus.
- Ensures that admissions objectives, goals, plans and actions produce the desired student recruitment results consistent with the strategic plan.
- Provides sound business, managerial and financial guidance to subordinates in the conduct of their duties as well as facilitating effective communication on a daily basis so as to reinforce teamwork and information sharing.
- Provides senior management with accurate and timely information about admissions results on a continuing basis so as to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Identifies and executes ways to grow and expand admission activities in order to increase enrollments.
- Works with the Marketing Manager to develop lead sources and create marketing materials to recruit nurses and nursing students.
- Ensures that the College’s admissions department policies and decisions are properly communicated at all levels within the college.
- Develops recruitment procedures to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensures that campus Assistant/Associate Directors of Admissions properly train their new employees.
- Works with IT to ensure that systems and teams are sufficient to support the Admissions department and functions.
- Directs staff to become active in community organizations and activities including high school college fairs, so as to leverage relationships into effective student recruiting opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communication throughout all campuses and ensures that all employees know and understand their responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities.
- Develops a budget and other reports as requested by management.
- Ensures that all operations are in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations along with the policies and procedures of DeVry Inc and Chamberlain College of Nursing.
- Provides personal leadership that encourages employee productivity and responsiveness to the needs of the admissions staff.
- Serves on committees, task forces and advisory groups as appropriate.
- Handles related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree in business strongly preferred.
- At least two years experience in a sales director position preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent administrator and self-starter with the ability to work under little supervision.
- Team player, willing to share and exchange.
- Ability to make ethical decisions, doing what is always bet for the students as well as for the College of Nursing.
- Strong leadership/management skills as well as strong decision-making capability.
- Strong analytical skills – must be able to identify overarching issues that should be addressed in order to enable procedures to be improved
- Strong communications, consultative and training skills – must be able to work with people of various backgrounds and at various levels, to provide clear instructions and feedback, and to develop and maintain effective materials
- Strong organizational and project management skills – must be able to work at a fast pace on many different types of projects, seeing each to completion accurately and successfully; must be able to develop and implement the appropriate solutions for a variety of situations and projects.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.