The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: The College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Dean's Office Col-Admin
8 AM-5 PM; OCCASIONAL WEEKENDS.
The University of Rochester is recruiting a Web designer to participate in the creation and update of Arts, Sciences and Engineering (AS&E) departmental web sites. This person will be responsible for the creation of graphic designs, HTML mockups, and HTML templates and participate in the development of web applications that utilize the designs.
This individual will, under management and guidance from the supervisor:
- Work with users to understand their requirements and create web graphic designs proposals that meet their needs.
- Refine the designs based on feedback from users and team members.
- Develop HTML mockups based on approved designs.
- Develop and/or refine HTML templates that are used by multiple departments.
- Develop or participate in the development of, web applications that utilized the design.
- Participate in the evaluation of new products and services that will help enhance the delivery of services in the Web environment.
- Perform routine user account administration of the Web environment.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstration of the following knowledge and skills is expected:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills .
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution requirements.
- Ability to actively participate in a team to produce valuable results.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web graphics design.
- Experience in Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft office Suite required.
- Experience in HTML, CSS and Java Script required.
- Experience with Mac and Windows operating systems preferred.
- Experience in PHP and MySQL preferred.
- Experience with a web content management system preferred.
- Ability to provide on-call support as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. 1 to 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education. Experience in higher education field strongly preferred.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.