Worcester State University is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, teacher education, biomedical sciences, business, and the health professions. The Princeton Review has selected WSU as a “Best Northeastern University” for the 8th consecutive year.
1. Create/maintain dashboard or other metric systems to measure progress toward concrete goals for the division; prepare documents and reports for use in the area.
2. Assists with the acknowledgement and recognition of annual gifts to the Worcester State Foundation, including gift processing and producing thank you letters and related reports.
3. Interacts with the Director of Financial Records as needed to process gifts, acknowledgements, and budget requests.
4. Assists in maintaining the input and integrity of data collected for staff, faculty, friends and business and corporate relationships in the department’s database.
5. Write and run queries and exports for mailings, special events, etc. and coordinate the production of labels, lists and mail merges.
6. Assist in planning and organization and provides operational support to other events planned and organized by the Office of Advancement.
7. Maintain general records and files for constituents, alumni and donors.
8. Serves as a main point of contact for Office of University Advancement including alumni, development, marketing and public relations. Answers general questions from constituents, Alumni Association’s Advisory and Foundation Board members, alumni, friends and those with business relationships with the institution.
9. Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar and schedule and provides organizational front-line support for daily activities of the office.
10. Provide support, as deemed necessary by the Executive Director for the Leadership Gifts Officer and other departmental directors and staff.
11. Establish and maintains positive relationships with all departments within the university community to assure effective and accurate information is disbursed/received
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Demonstrated previous administrative experience.
3. Experience with development, education, or non-profit institution preferred.
4. Demonstrated computer and software skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, Raiser’s Edge database applications, Crystal Reports, e-mail or other software applications as needed.
5. Demonstrated awareness/sensitivity toward issues regarding stewardship and confidentiality related to donors and friends of the institution.
6. Demonstrated previous experience of general office management procedures.
7. Demonstrated understanding of basic fund raising techniques and methodologies relative to stewardship of donors.
8. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make consistently appropriate decisions with a limited amount of supervision.
9. Ability to “multi-task” and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
10. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others and to communicate effectively in oral and written expression.
OFFICIAL TITLE: Staff Assistant, University Advancement, full time 37.5 hours/week
Reports to the Executive Director of University Advancement
Student employees, volunteers.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Executive Director of University Advancement, you are responsible for providing operational support to the department.
Worcester State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must apply online through Interview Exchange. Necessary documents for submission include a cover letter, resume, official transcript of highest degree (stamped, sealed, and sent by the appropriate registrar directly to WSU Human Resources), as well as three signed letters of reference dated within six months of the posting date. All documents must be uploaded to one's e-applicant file; those that cannot may be faxed to 508.929.8163, emailed firstname.lastname@example.org  or sent to the following address:
Director of Human Resources
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597