Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
The Department of History and Political Science invites applications for a position as Assistant or Associate Professor of Political Science in constitutional law. Candidates should possess an earned Ph.D. in Political Science, a J.D. with demonstrated expertise in constitutional law, or both. Previous teaching experience and a demonstrated commitment to scholarship are desired.
- Teach the following lower-division courses: American Government, Introduction to Criminal Law.
- Teach some combination of the following upper-division courses: The Federal Judiciary (Judicial Process), Constitutional Law (Civil Rights and Liberties), and Introduction to Legal Studies.
- Teach lower and upper division writing courses with a strong liberal arts content.
- Serve as department Pre-Law advisor.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students.
- Participate in departmental and university affairs.
Level: Assistant or Associate Professor
- An earned Ph.D. in Political Science, a J.D. with demonstrated expertise in teaching constitutional law, or both.
- A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate, liberal arts program.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University.
Previous teaching experience accompanied by active and productive scholarship is desired.
Workload: 4 courses per semester.
Hire Date: Fall 2013
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2013 and will continue until position is filled.
For Faculty jobs please apply directly at https://apufacultyjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.