University of North Texas
IT Support Specialist II
The Information Technology Shared Services Department's unique role in accomplishing the University's mission is to provide the primary university-wide, shared resources of computing hardware, software, data and voice communications, and professional personnel on campus. The Information Technology Shared Services Department is called upon to provide computing and electronic communications resources when it can do so more effectively or more efficiently than separate units.
The ITSS Department is looking to add an IT Specialist II to their team. This position will be responsible for the following job functions, but are not limited to:
* Help Desk Operations
* Support workstations and users st the Dallas Campus
* Maintain and support Blackberry and other phones
* Oversee the Remedy ticket queue for the Help Desk
* Prepare and maintan policies, procedures, and documentation fo rthe Help Desk
* Oversee the movement of computer equipment
* Responsible for end-user training and support for a large base of users
* Coordinate with the Help Desk Manager in the migration of PCs to new software platforms
* Serve as secondary backup support for servers and software as assigned
This position has on-call duties and will require one to be available for assigned work hours which include weekends, evenings and holidays.
The successful candidate will possess Associate's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
* Valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume and a list of three professional references with the online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu 
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.