The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Health Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Web Services, URMC
8:30 AM-5 PM
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The candidate will:
- Have a thorough knowledge of front-end interfaces
- Translate client needs and business requirements for the web
- Create and manage plans for medium to large scale projects
- Drive testing and quality assurance processes
- Establish and enforce style guidelines and content standards
- Monitor site for acceptable performance and user accessibility
- Stay up-to-date with current technology and evaluate trends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create, test, and initiate web-based resources
Develop project specifications and schedules
Consult with faculty and staff to gather site requirements and recommend interactive web technologies
Uphold design integrity and drive site improvements
Design and prototype user interfaces for online training materials and other interactive tools
Collaborate with internal staff and external resources to implement interactive tools
High-level knowledge of web analytics
Participate in content management system training efforts for the URMC community.
Troubleshoot URMC web site for broken links, browser incompatibility, scripting errors, and outdated content and recommend solutions.
Demonstrate excellent communication and issue resolution skills.
Positively represent URMC Web Services at meetings and in all communications.
Maintain updated knowledge of Internet and mobile technologies by attending seminars, classes, and conferences; visiting relevant Internet sites; reviewing current literature.
- Supervised by or report to: Project Director, Web Design & Development
- Supervision exercised: co-ops (as needed)
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED ON THE JOB
PC and Macintosh environments, printers, digital cameras.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Hard skills: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Graphics Design plus:
- 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- .Net experience desirable or willingness to learn .Net.
- Knowledge and experience in web and graphics design
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Requires experience with content management systems and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, project leaders, and students
- Service-oriented attitude, supporting team and helping clients
- Must be a self-starter with good follow-through and capable of managing multiple projects in a team environment
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Must be motivated to take on new tasks, solve problems, and initiate tasks based on customer requests
- Must work well in a cross-functional project team environment
- High levels of enthusiasm and creativity
- Innovative thinker
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.