The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 9,300 students - approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 9:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Location: Health Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Medical Center Info Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Manage multiple concurrent projects to enhance enterprise security and systems management of all platforms, including Windows, Mac and Mobile Devices.
Leverage existing technologies to improve current processes in ISD for systems management and security operations on all platforms.
Recommend and implement new technologies to improve the management and security of all platforms.
Provide direction and leadership to other team members, including direct supervision of Systems Management FTEs as needed to meet project and organizational needs.
Under direction within Department guidelines and standards:
- Recommends designs and implements tools to expand security operations and address new technologies and needs, such as Mac, iOS and Android support.
- Supports new tools and systems implemented including routine systems maintenance and support, upgrades, troubleshooting, maintaining client health and ensuring the general health of the system.
- Complex programming assignments,
- Investigates new technologies and employs state-of-the-art tools.
- Regularly assists team members on technical programming questions/problems.
- Third-level support for other ISD Infrastructure groups such as CAS and SIG.
- Provides application support for Systems Management and Security Operations applications on all platforms, including SCCM and its components, WSUS, Antivirus, Encryption and new security technologies that will be implemented for Mac, iOS and Android support.
- Recommend and implement Security Operations procedures for Mac, iOS and Android compliance to ensure appropriate patching, encryption, antivirus and policies are enabled.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION:
- Mentors, trains and supervises other team members with a focus on creating redundant support for all technologies supported by the team and a drive to promote quality control, efficiency, excellent communication, technical competence and effective troubleshooting for the entire team.
- Supervises assigned FTEs as needed to address organizational and project needs.
- Supervises Desktop Security co-op.
- Makes assignments and ensures technical follow-up within team.
- Helps determine priorities with users for backlogged requests.
- Coordinates various steps within project identifying dependencies and impediments.
- Reports to management on progress/problems encountered with projects.
- Recommends alternatives when obstacles are encountered
ENCRYPTION SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Recommend and implement new encryption technologies for additional platforms.
- Continuously improve URMC’s encryption strategy for all platforms, staying well-informed of new options and technologies available and of opportunities to streamline tools supported.
- 5-7 years of experience in technical support and system administration required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other related field.
- Proven work history as self-starter, of taking initiative to seek out additional responsibilities and of a desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a proven ability to manage projects.
- Customer service experience.
- IT Security experience.
- Process automation and scripting skills preferred.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Hospital or Healthcare experience preferred.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.