STARS Requisition number 19935BR
Department Shared Solutions ITS
University Job Title Manager, IT
Posting Position Title Technical Manager - AYA & Development Client Team
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade M6
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 157 Church
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Position Focus: Reports to the ITS Client Lead for AYA and Development, the Technical Manager - AYA & Development Client Team serves as the technical lead and manager for the technical team across both Program build and Maintenance support. This position is responsible for a portfolio of systems supporting the Office of Development as well as the Association of Yale Alumni, providing technical leadership, resource management and development support for implementation of Development and Alumni solutions as well as support consisting of enhancing and maintaining existing applications, developing new applications, selecting/implementing vendor systems, and strategic planning in the use of technology and hardware. The position manages a staff consisting of programmers, report writers and a technical analyst.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information 
1. Leads, manages, and advises a team of technical experts on all aspects of policies, practices, systems, and procedures within the department.
2. Provides managerial and technical expertise regarding the daily operations in one or more functional areas.
3. Manages and implements guidelines and systems and recommends changes to maintain consistency with the mission of department objectives.
4. Manages and works extensively with staff to develop and administer support plans.
5. Participates on project teams and act as a liaison with other institutions, campus organizations, vendors, and committees.
6. Works with all units to identify, analyze, and develop approaches that successfully meets the goals and objectives of ITS and the University as a whole.
7. Defines and tracks service metrics and work with staff to meet client needs and service standards.
8. Implements appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensures adherence to the process, consistent and efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
9. Manages the operating budget for their organizational unit.
10. Recruits and trains technical staff.
11. Ensures compliance and timeliness of all Federal and State regulatory requirements.
12. Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and six years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and planning skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team, lead and influence staff, including the ability to work with people from all levels of an organization.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Excellent ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Excellent ability to design and develop applications targeting specific technologies and user communities.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: 1. Bachelor degree and eight years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Successful in working with management to establish goals and obtain the support and resources required to meet objectives.
3. Experience with managing and developing complex applications using current tools and methodologies.
4. Experience with desktop productivity software.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.