Job ID: 2012-39129
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 10/26/2012
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Contract
FLSA Status: No FLSA
About Ross University:
About Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine was founded in 1978 and is a provider of medical education offering a doctor of medicine degree program. Located in Dominica, West Indies, the School of Medicine has clinical education centers in Miami, FL and Saginaw, MI and places more graduates into US residencies annually than any other medical school in the world.
About Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
Ross University is a provider of medical and veterinary education, offering doctor of medicine and doctor of veterinary medicine degree programs. Founded in 1982 and located in St. Kitts, the School of Veterinary Medicine is affiliated with 22 AVMA-accredited US veterinary schools where students complete their clinical year. The University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital is the only facility outside the US and Canada accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association. Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine is committed to improving the well-being of people and animals in the St. Kitts and Nevis community through service, education and research.
The Clinical Clerkship Director reports to the Clinical Chair and oversees the integrity of the clerkship curriculum and the clinical faculty in affiliated hospitals throughout the United States within the clinical specialty. The clerkship director will ensure excellence, comparability and consistency in the instruction of the discipline at the affiliated institutions. Hired on a part time basis of up to 0.5 FTE, the Clerkship Director applies rigorous academic standards in the conduct and assessment of the core rotations. The Clerkship Director is responsible for ensuring that the student experience is uniform in the objectives and interactions encountered in the patient care setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the effective implementation of curriculum. This requires observing faculty presentations, reviewing and supplementing virtual materials, and recommending appropriate and relevant resources and facility enhancements
- Collaborates and interacts with teaching faculty at affiliated sites and with institutional clerkship directors.
- Participates as needed in site visits to review the training programs and support consistent curriculum at Ross affiliated sites.
- Provides support and consultation regarding curriculum implementation, student evaluation and assessment.
- Works with other educational leaders to ensure that knowledge and clinical competencies of six general cores of systems are assessed and evaluated appropriately
- Participates in curricular review and refinements.
- Disseminates curriculum guidelines at affiliated sites.
- Regularly reviews standardized evaluations of students by faculty and of faculty and sites by students to assure consistency and equity.
- Provides periodic reviews of patient log data to assess quality and consistency of experience, providing RUSM with feedback on findings.
- Remains current with specialty innovations and develops suggestions for changes to curriculum and clinical skills within the specialty
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- M.D. degree required
- Board certified in the medical specialty
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching at a post-secondary level
- Eligible for rank of Associate Professor or Professor in accordance with RUSM Faculty Appointment and Promotion Guidelines
- Demonstrated record of outstanding achievement within the discipline, in administration or as a teacher.
- Knowledge of post- secondary academic models
- Knowledge of medical advancements in the specialty
- Knowledge of accreditation standards
- Knowledge of negotiation and mediation
- Working knowledge of current e-tools available in education
- Must be able to meet domestic and international requirements for travel to and from the United States.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.