Job ID: 2012-37327
# Positions: 1
Location: AN-Saint Maarten
Posted Date: 10/4/2012
Division: American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
Department: Intro Clinical Med
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: No FLSA Required (Ross Islands Only)
The simulation coordinator would work closely with the Standardized Patient Coordinator to help organize all of the standardized patient encounters. The Simulation Coordinator
will be responsible to ensure that the rooms are set up and the patients are present so that planned workshops and small group cases will run smoothly and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling all the simulation activities for the SP’s and the students
- Preparing all the room assignments
- Scheduling of the rooms in the Clinical Skills Center
- SP evaluation + statistics end of semester
- Student performance outcome + statistics end of semester
- All administrative work that comes with the simulation encounters
- Being a liaison between SP’s and the director and Chair for coordination and scheduling
- Communicating with the students any changes or interview requirements
- The maintenance and inventory of supplies for the Clinical Skills Center
- Assist in training and observing standardized patient encounters
- Assist in any scheduled activities as requested by the Chair of ICM, or the Standardized Patient Coordinator
- Have an understanding of simulation and role play in medical education and preferably have work experience in this field.
- Be personable and friendly, hard working
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, as she/he will be working with students, SP’s, GTA’s, PETA’s and faculty.
- Be eager to learn
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.