The Instructional Designer collaborates with faculty, staff, and team members to design blended and e-Learning programs, courses, and learning modules. In collaboration with other instructional designers, this person acts as a teaching and learning architect for the team with a focus on delivering high-quality teaching and learning experiences in a sustainable, repeatable manner. Specifically responsible for regularly consulting with faculty in pedagogical and instructional issues related to blended-learning course and curriculum development; partnering with multimedia designers and developers to create course content in support of the needs of Babson's academic programs; and keeping current on "best practices" and emerging trends in educational technology.
Collaborate with faculty and academic program directors to analyze, recommend, and design e-Learning and blended solutions for Babson's academic programs.
Create storyboards, scripts, design documents, and other materials as required.
Collaborate with teammates (instructional designers, multimedia designers) and (if applicable) project managers and developers to ensure timely delivery of high-quality learning experiences.
Participate in quality review exercises and design evaluation criteria to measure effectiveness of learning solutions.
Analyze, design, and help implement e-Learning solutions using instructional design principles.
Facilitate communication within project teams and effectively communicate with faculty and external clients.
Research content effectively using internal and external resources.
Match design and methods with content, audience, and business needs; apply edits as needed.
Promote quality standards for instructional design and development.
Provide faculty and staff hands-on training and documentation on the range of educational technologies ITSD supports.
Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communications, English or related field
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• At least 5+ years of experience in distance or blended learning, instructional design, content development, and/or education.
• Must have detailed understanding of program, course, and content design, preferably in a business curriculum.
• Successful project management experience.
• Working knowledge of learning management systems (preferably BlackBoard or Sakai/Moodle/Desire2Learn); familiarity with Brainshark, Panopto, and WebEx.
• Solid comfort level with technology and learning new technologies.
• Superior written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; team player; and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work well independently, meet aggressive deadlines; and willingness to multitask and assist on a variety of projects.
• May require some occasional nights and/or weekends