Posting Title : EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATOR - The Office of Academic Affairs
Requisition Number : 1674
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Office of Academic Affairs supports the predoctoral dental curriculum – content, faculty and scheduling. The Academic Dean works closely with an Administrative Coordinator who manages the whole unit. The Office of Academic Affairs previously had an Office of Educational Measurement Director and their Administrative and Technical Coordinator who works closely with the Academic Dean. There is a separate Program Coordinator responsible for curriculum scheduling and rooms.
Recently the Office of Academic Affairs created a position for an Academic Affairs Administrator who has assumed some of the duties previously held in OEM. As such the focus/reporting structure for the Administrative and Technical Coordinator has changed.
The Educational Technology Specialist will retain some of the functions previously completed in the OEM and is also responsible for managing the on-line curriculum course content (TUSK and TRUNK), patient logs from external student rotations, examination grading and posting, student course and faculty evaluations and student clinical progress. As the school uses more technology in classrooms, the Educational Technology Specialist will evaluate, plan and implement technologies to enhance learning and teaching.
The Educational Technology Specialist will work directly with the Academic Dean and with the Academic Affairs Administrator. This person is the representative for Academic Affairs on all educational technology issues and works to support existing educational technologies and promote increased technology use in the pre-doctoral curriculum and on occasion the advanced graduate programs, as well as managing pre-doctoral examination grading, course evaluation, and providing support for faculty development efforts within Academic Affairs. Day to day responsibilities include:
· Acting as the Dental School administrator for the Tufts University Sciences Knowledgebase (TUSK - Tufts course/learning management systems)
· Participating in the early use of Sakai (Trunk - Tufts course/learning management systems)
· Creating and managing all on-line evaluations and surveys; Conducting educational technology research analysis and providing recommendations
· Promoting the use of educational technology within the school and working with faculty and staff to implement technology-based solutions
· Hiring, training and supervising TUSK student coordinators
· Providing TUSK training for faculty, staff, and students as needed and providing technical support for faculty developing content on TUSK
· Serving on the TLHS Steering, Technology and Curriculum Revision Committees; Maintaining and updating the student clinical progress database
· Training department administrative staff and practice coordinators on the clinical progress database
· Scoring examinations, making examination adjustments , and preparing examination reports for faculty
· Posting examination and final grades to TUSK and reviewing final grade submissions for errors and grading policy compliance; management of Echo360 lecture capture system in the dental school
· coordinating Academic Affairs involvement in educational technology pilots and contributing to the development of pilots as needed
· Overseeing audience response system and providing training to faculty and staff; Managing faculty development course evaluations and generating evaluation reports
· Developing and managing data entry for faculty development attendance database. Participating and leading faculty development programs in the use of technology in dental education.
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Requirements: Bachelors degree, with 3-5 years experience. Experience with Microsoft Access, database management and design principles. Experience with exam scanning software, learning management systems, video and image editing software. Must be able to pick up new computer technology easily. Willingness to maintain and develop knowledge of educational technology and instructional design principles through continuing education or professional development. Ability to lift 10lbs with or without accommodation.
Preferred Requirements: Degree in Education or educational technologes and an understanding of issues surrounding educational technology and best practices for implementation and use. Experience with pilot and project coordination. Basic knowledge of programming concepts.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.