STARS Requisition number 19259BR
University Job Title Strategic Sourcing Manager
Posting Position Title Strategic Sourcing Manager
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade 26
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 150 Munson St
Work Week Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Position Focus: Directs the strategic sourcing effort through use of cross-functional and multi-departmental commodity teams. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for implementing best-in-class strategic supplier relationships and agreements to leverage annual purchase volume and rationalize the approved supplier base to an optimum level. This person should be able to independently analyze commodity areas, provide recommendations on sourcing strategy and deliver savings to the University. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in business, able to influence and persuade, demonstrate domain expertise and be able to quickly think on their feet. This person should promote a positive work environment, spirit of cooperation and support for coworkers. Represents the Director and the department at key meetings with customers. This position may supervise M&P and/or C&T staff.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information 
1. Delivers and reports cost savings to the University and aggressively pursue contract compliance.
2. Leads cross functional or multi-departmental sourcing activities throughout the University.
3. Subject Matter Commodity Expert who continually develops, expands knowledge and introduces new relevant industry trends and market conditions for assigned commodities.
4. Manages, documents and executes formal strategic sourcing processes for supplies and services.
5. Leads team in negotiating purchases of major items, specialty items, and items that are difficult to procure.
6. Utilizes and can demonstrate an array of e-procurement tools and solutions.
7. Independently researches and develops new sources of supply to meet departmental requirements.
8. Thinks strategically; understands structured problem-solving approach - developing alternatives and recommending one.
9. Performs independent evaluation and review of all contract terms and conditions and identifies other potential risks to the University.
10. Autonomously analyzes and segments spend to determine priorities, savings opportunities and build a demand profile for sourcing.
11. Independently identifies new internal University customers and creates and builds strong working relationships where none existed.
12. Builds and enhances working relationships with preferred suppliers to improve supplier quality and performance.
13. Autonomously identifies key business drivers beyond price, which contribute to the total cost of ownership.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
Seven years of purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Exceptional ability in Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Demonstrated analytical capability and problem solving skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Advanced degree. Strong supply chain experience.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Preferred Licenses or Certifications: CPSM or equivalent certification.
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.