The College and the Community
Established in 1934, Lee College is a comprehensive community college offering university transfer programs, career and technical education, corporate and continuing education, and academic development.
Lee College is a vibrant, continuously evolving, mid-sized institution serving an industrial community. The college is located in Baytown, Texas, approximately 30 miles east of Houston. The third largest city in Houston metropolitan area, Baytown has a diverse population of more than 60,000. It is a prosperous industrial community that offers a competitive cost of living, a variety of employment opportunities, and a strong tax base provided by corporations such as ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips, and Bayer.
The Director of Corporate Services will manage and coordinate the development, promotion, and growth of all corporate and customized educational programs, including company programs, workshops, and corporate partnerships. The Corporate Training programs consist of a comprehensive array of workforce training programs, private contracts, grant contracts, and special business courses.
The Director of the Corporate Services provides the planning and guidance for all aspects of corporate services. The Director oversees the marketing, program and course development, pricing, delivery and evaluation while providing guidance to Program Managers and other Corporate Services personnel when needed.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction for Corporate Services.
- Supervise assigned staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and developing individual professional development plans.
- Manage the delivery of corporate services, including design and revision of courses, coordination of course offerings, hiring credentialed instructors, evaluating courses and instructors, and following up with employers. Establish methods for assessing effectiveness of training.
- Analyze financial and enrollment data related to the Corporate Services.
- Establish, update, and assess processes and procedures for the ongoing business of Corporate Services.
- Visit companies and prospective clients/partners to market corporate services.
- Develop partnerships with external businesses and appropriate community organizations and identify training needs and other services. Collaborate with existing and potential clients to cultivate/establish partnerships and networks to advance training and business initiatives for Corporate Services. Perform market analyses for training and other business and industry services. Conduct needs assessment for the current and potential clients, quantify the needs, and devise an implementation plan for business development.
- Negotiate contracts, initiate proposals, and finalize business agreements. Provide review and approval of all proposals and contracts for Corporate Services.
- Establish pricing guidelines for training and other services.
- Ensure grant compliance in the program design and delivery, as well as expenditures for grants and government contracts.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets.
- Prepare reports. Submit financial reports and analyses to the Executive Director of W&CD.
- Partner, as needed, with LC administrators and faculty representing credit programs in order to provide seamless execution of proposals/contracts requiring both credit and non-credit participation and/or requiring usage of shared facilities, equipment or software.
- Coordinate the functions of program advisory committees.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least five (5) years of related work experience required.
- Must have project management experience, proven leadership skills, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate a collaborative leadership style.
Close Date: 01/18/2013
Method of Application:
Interested applicants can view a detailed job posting and apply for the position on our website, https://jobs.lee.edu . Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org  or 281-425-6875 for more information.