Job ID: 2012-39553
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/19/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Our mission as DeVry University faculty members is to facilitate dynamic learning environments that foster intellectual curiosity, academic integrity, and critical thinking skills, preparing our students to become lifelong learners and leaders in their chosen career fields and communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful, active mentoring of new faculty members (full-time or adjunct)
- Capstone participation or advisement (outside of program)
- Active involvement with Industry Advisory Councils
- Increases levels of student and university service involvement
- Subject Matter Expert responsibilities
- Increases and successfully demonstrates responsibilities for program review, program assessment, program design, and program evaluation
- Solid evidence of leadership, regardless of chosen career focus
- Leadership roles: Sequence Chair, Assessment Chair, etc.
- Teaching roles: a champion of pedagogy and a leader of key activities dedicated to it
- Active engagement in persistence efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- DBA or PhD in a Business field required
- All degrees must be from regionally accredited institutes
- Three to five years of business, or industry experience appropriate to the course subject matter
- Two to five years previous teaching experience
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.