Job ID: 2012-38396
# Positions: 1
Location: US-IL-Downers Grove
Posted Date: 12/11/2012
Division: DeVry Inc.
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
This position is responsible for directing the preparation and filing of international aspects of federal and international income tax returns for all divisions of the company. This position is responsible for the preparation of the international aspects of quarterly and annual tax accounting, including compliance with both US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requirements, as well as maintaining underlying work papers including journal entries and account reconciliations. This position works with outside advisors to look for ways to reduce the company’s international aspects of US federal and local country tax liability and provides support for due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all aspects of international tax compliance, and assist in international tax planning and structuring.
- Prepare forms 5471 including translation of local currency tax payments and all other E&P related requirements.
- Monitor “Passive” tests for all foreign entities, including analyzing planning techniques to resolve potential issues.
- Prepare Form 1118, including analysis of “baskets” and analyzing planning techniques to achieve the most beneficial results to the company.
- Assist in analysis of transfer-pricing for all cross-border transactions.
- Assist in all other planning/structuring issues surrounding DeVry’s international operations.
- Assist in due diligence and planning for mergers and acquisitions.
- Collects and analyzes quarterly and annual accounting information necessary to calculate the international aspects of the income tax provision under US GAAP and enters that information into specialized tax software and internally developed spreadsheets.
- Prepares the international aspects of the quarterly and annual tax provision calculations under US GAAP and accompanying accounting journal entries and supporting work papers.
- Converts any tax provision calculations from local GAAP to US GAAP for all international subsidiaries.
- Prepares all documentation and liability calculations for the international aspects of Uncertain Tax Positions.
- Works directly with public accounting firm representatives to ensure the international aspects of quarterly and annual tax provision calculations are complete and correct.
- Prepares and submits to the Senior Manager, Tax Compliance and Assurance any required international tax information necessary to complete SEC Forms 10-Q and !0K as well as all supporting documentation.
- Develops and maintains SARBOX matrix for International Income Taxes.
- Ensures compliance with SARBOX requirements by the international accounting department staff for all tax department International Tax internal controls.
- Works directly with auditors and outside consultants to ensure complete understanding of company internal controls over the international tax aspects of the tax return and compliance functions.
- Bachelors’ degree required in Finance, Business or Accounting required.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant or possess a Masters Degree in Taxation
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible tax experience with at least 2 years in a management position.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, database applications and tax software products.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.