The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), is an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Senior Systems Analyst.
This position will play a key role in the development of enhancements and maintenance of the Ellucian Banner products. This is a hands-on software application management position involving project management, systems analysis, and software programming.
The successful candidate will be working in a higher education environment that utilizes the Ellucian Banner ERP and Student Information System and, therefore, must have associated or related work experience.
• Collaborate with IT managers and IT technical staff, technical project leaders and members of the Banner user community to plan, coordinate and implement application upgrades, modifications and enhancements.
• Test upgrades to the application system in a Test or Development environment using processes and procedures that do not disrupt ongoing system operations while producing adequate test results to ensure the new versions will function properly in the Production environment.
• Provide training on update and test procedures to Banner application users.
• Evaluate new versions of vendor provided application system software for applicability to the FIT environment and deciding which features to install.
• Perform regular health checks of the overall performance of the Banner Student Information System in conjunction with evaluations of new versions of the software for applicability to the FIT Banner environment and assess whether the new features should be implemented.
• Develop and publish documentation of application system changes, upgrades, modifications and enhancements.
• Provide technical support to other systems analysts, managers and members of the user community.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Oracle and Banner security methodologies such as forms authentication and membership roles.
• Function as the technical liaison between the Banner ERP system and the primary integrated applications, i.e., Banner Workflow, Banner Document Management Suite, IFAS, TouchNet, Adirondack, Resource25 and all Third Party applications.
• Monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as necessary.
• Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer of new technologies to internal technical managers and systems analysts to infuse elevated support capabilities and competencies throughout the IT department.
• Develop project plans, with associated documentation, provide project management support, with logical contingency plans and distribute project communication to ensure projects are delivered according to design and on schedule.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field of study with at least two to four years’ experience
• At least three years’ experience programming with SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and Java in a UNIX or Windows environment.
• Experience with and a thorough comprehension of relational database management systems and referential integrity.
• Ability to learn and apply new techniques (business processes, systems, hardware and software).
• Experience in comprehending and communicating technical needs and requirements, project management and project coordination.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collegially and effectively and with department heads, technical staff and non-technical members of the user community on highly technical and complex application issues.
• General knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages, application development methodologies, administrative applications, operating systems, operating system tools, and workstation environments.
Department: Software Services
Days/Hours: 35 hrs. per week
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
Salary: $72,391 (Schedule 96/0)
Online applications are strongly encouraged. Please provide the folllowing:
* Cover letter
* A list of three professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu 
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.