Requisition Number: 19678BR
Department: Yale HEALTH
University Job Title: Manager 3, Population Health
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 55 Lock
1. Identifies the clinical and quality goals and objectives with clinical leaders.
2. Coordinates the different needs and expectations of the various project stakeholders, including team members, resource managers, senior management, customers, and sponsors.
3. Plans, executes, and controls the task, phases, and deliverables of population health based projects based on the identified project goals and objectives.
4. Closes the project when completed and captures the knowledge accrued.
5. Acts as an expert technical resource for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process to facilitate groups throughout the project cycle. Provides total project support that ensures the effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of project design and implementation.
6. Leads department management in planning departmental objectives and identifies opportunities for quality improvement activities.
7. Implements a population-based approach to improving healthcare quality with clearly defined performance metrics and measurable population outcomes.
8. Integrates population health management goals into best practice/performance guidelines for clinical chiefs and clinical staff. Establishes and participates in educational programs for training leadership groups on population based health management.
9. Facilitates information sharing between departments and Information Systems and Services (ISS) to ensure technical specifications are met for population health based reporting.
10. Collaborates with department leaders and the Quality Assessment and Improvement Committee (QAIC) to develop project requirements and scope, cost/benefits analysis, return on investment, specific deliverables, and performance improvement plans aligned with the core functions of the department.
11. Communicates population medicine data, findings and results to patients through participation in communication activities, e.g., newsletters, forum, education sessions. Develops program materials as needed. Participates in programs campus-wide to facilitate the understanding and adoption of this model of care.
12. Generates and publishes periodic reports with quantitative analysis, including appropriate statistical methodology, to track performance vis--vis goals, to measure trends and to assess variation among clinicians and departments.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in health care or related field and five years of experience in a healthcare setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.