Posting Description: UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
Department of Executive Programs
Admin Assistant II (part-time)
Position #694198 / Job Posting 820355
POSTING CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED FROM 01/04/13 TO 01/11/13
**Applications will be now accepted until 01/11/2013 or when we reach 50 applications, whichever happens first**
Hiring Salary Range: $2,573 - $2,832/month* (non-negotiable), to be pro-rated for part-time work
*Compensation: The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions. Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/ .
This is a part-time (50%), state classified Administrative Assistant II position responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support services to the academic programs and staff within the Department of Executive Programs. Specific responsibilities include: text processing and information system maintenance; updating and preserving computerized databases; computing and distributing a number of reports including program evaluations and a variety of internally developed surveys; information processing and inquiry in admission databases, mailing lists, student information and other academic and administrative systems; answering phones and screening and routing calls; serving as main point of contact for the department; providing program information to students and clients complying with FERPA rules and regulations; establishing and maintaining physical files and records; reproducing, assembling and distributing materials for faculty, staff and students using manual and electronic means; maintaining office supply inventory and ordering supplies, food service, etc. for faculty and staff; maintaining calendars and schedules, and preparing and distributing agenda items for meetings and alumni functions; assisting program managers with classroom setup and special functions; assisting with course material processing and assembling, and other support activities for academic programs; and various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed. Day-to-day responsibilities will include working with Microsoft Office 2010, AS/400 database, typewriter, and various other academic and student information systems.
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications): Minimum Qualifications:
Two years of general clerical experience. One year of this experience must have included working with an AS/400 database, MS Access database, or similar SQL/command based program and working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
College or university course work may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
* Must be willing and able to work part-time.
* Must be willing and able to work full days on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
* Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evening and weekends.
* Must be willing and able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
Desired Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience providing organizational support for students, faculty and staff in a higher education environment.
* Experience with classroom audio visual and/or special function preparation and setup.
* Experience working in a front desk / main point of contact role answering phones, routing calls, providing information and answering questions.
* Experience providing support for and working directly with executive level clients.
*Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Excellent time management and organization skills
* Ability to provide a high level of customer service to professional students and faculty
* Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
* Strong problem solving and customer service skills
* Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines and compliance
*Ability to be a self-starter, professional and friendly
Deadline to Apply: 01-11-2013