A cover letter, a current CV, unofficial transcripts of all college work, and a list of at least three references with address, telephone and email contact information should be sent to:
Position Title: Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, a state college of the University System of Georgia, is seeking applications for a faculty position as Assistant Professor of Agronomy.
Description: This is a 10-month tenure track position at the rank of assistant professor. Duties include:
• Instructing courses in Agriculture to potentially include Soils and Fertilizers, Soil Management, Weed Management, Disease Management, Crop Physiology, Plant Science and other agronomy areas.
• Teaching responsibilities include four classes with laboratories each semester.
• Student academic advisement; Turfgrass & Golf Course Management and/or Diversified Agriculture students.
• Committee assignments at the Department, School and College level.
• Expect active involvement in agriculture industry by working with organizations such as Farm Bureau, Agribusiness Council, Georgia Plant Food Educational Society, Georgia Association of Professional Agricultural Consultants, Georgia Green Industry…
• Work with other faculty and staff members to utilize the ABAC Farm facilities for educational purposes.
• Other duties associated with the advancement of the Department of Agriculture, School of Agriculture & Natural Resources, and ABAC.
• Ph.D. in Agronomy or closely related area with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours related directly to the major.
• College teaching experience is preferred, but evidence of teaching ability is required.
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate ability in written and oral communication; up-to-date technology in support of instructional activities and teaching laboratory skills.
• Primary interest in and firm commitment to undergraduate education.
• Ability to work cooperatively with students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Ability to work effectively with alumni and industry to develop partnerships, donations and other support for our academic mission.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: May 1, 2013
Employment Start Date: August 1, 2013
Description of the School: The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources includes two departments; Forest Resources and Agriculture. The Department of Agriculture offers associate of science degrees in six areas (majors) and Bachelor of Applied Science degree programs in Diversified Agriculture as well as Turfgrass & Golf Course Management. Nineteen full-time faculty members provide instruction in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural engineering, agronomy, animal science, forestry, wildlife and horticulture. School staff members include an administrative assistant, farm manager, golf course superintendent and five technicians. The college’s 200-acre farm and 91-acre, 9-hole golf course provides excellent laboratory experiences for the school’s students. Ten student professional organizations are supported by the school to provide extracurricular activities associated with our majors.
Current CV, letter of application, unofficial transcripts of all college work, and three references letters, and the ABAC HR on-line application should be sent to:
Application Process: Submit an application for employment from website provided below and a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications accepted via email only.
Office of Human Resources
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
All offers of employment are contingent upon the results of a background check.