Requisition Number: 19835BR
Department: Peabody Museum
University Job Title: Associate Director 4
Posting Position Title: Director of Public Programs
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: PM
1. Directs, monitors, and assesses needs and directs the application of resources of an administrative University office dealing with one or more major functional areas.
2. Directs and implements solutions to problems that are routine to complex in nature and that affect multiple functional areas of responsibility.
3. Plans and/or participates in planning University activities on a long-term basis to comply with University goals and objectives.
4. Establishes and implements consistent university-wide policies in multiple functional areas of responsibility.
5. Ensures that University office policies and procedures are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
6. Develops and monitors goals and objectives for managerial and professional staff in compliance with University strategies.
7. Directs a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and eight years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.